Vocational Careers delivers a variety of Leadership Development modules designed to assist leaders to realise their full potential and enhance their leadership skills and abilities. We do this by:
- Assessing current leadership strengths and growth potentials.
- Providing a framework and learning environment where true leadership development can occur.
- Challenging unwanted patterns of the past and re-creating new patterns to live and lead by.
- Clarifying and developing a personal leadership purpose, vision and strategy.
- Creating commitment and accountability around these purposes and visions.
In recognising that leadership is demonstrated at all levels of the organisation, Vocational Careers provides opportunities for employees to lead performance development. All employees are responsible developing and maintaining a supportive workplace culture. By encouraging their team to use all their talents and skills, communicating a compelling vision of shared goals, and modelling open, honest and respectful communication, leaders find that benefits flow to the team and the organisation.
Team leaders who make the time to get to know their team members understand:
- The strengths each person brings to the team
- The preferences they bring to their work (e.g. works best alone/with a colleague/in groups)
- What motivates and engages individual team members
- The importance of recognising when a colleague needs support or development opportunities
- The value of challenging or stretching the team or an individual
- The importance of acknowledging small and great achievements in a timely, equitable way.
Such leaders are respected by their teams, and work to maintain their positive workplace relationships. They are keenly aware that engaged employees are more productive, more innovative and more likely to stay with the organisation. They appreciate that creating and embracing opportunities to develop an understanding of their team members has a positive impact on performance management.
Leaders who know the capabilities of their team members are able to focus clearly on workforce planning to achieve future deliverables. They are able to nurture talent in a supportive workplace, leading to positive outcomes for the team and the organisation.